- defining a hierarchical folder structure in which all project files may be organized;
- inserting and updating documents;
- associating synthetic content descriptions, authors, and creation and last modification dates to documents;
- maintaining every different document version;
- executing full-text searches for identifying documents which correspond to specified search criteria;
- periodically updating partners via e-mail with information on newly available documents.
The management of an international research project involves a continuous exchange of e-mails between partners: in this way e-mail becomes a unique instrument of communication, document management and updating at the disposition of project participants.
The Document Management System of netscience allows sharing the latest available version of project documents in a continuing and immediate way.