- organizing general project information (state of the art, objectives and potential pitfalls of research activities, etc.);
- publishing partner skills, resumés (CV's) of involved researchers, characteristics of instruments available;
- planning news publication and sending periodical newsletters to inform partners in a timely way about meetings, conventions and new publications;
- publishing a list of interesting links to relevant sites;
- making available a form to visitors to request information;
- organizing a FAQ section where questions and answers can be published.
The communication and dissemination plans of a research project cannot be considered separately from the realization of a Web site in how it informs the scientific community of project goals, development and results. It's therefore indispensable to be equipped with tools which permit content publishing dynamically.
The standard interface of sites created with netscience can be completely personalized from the point of view of graphics as well as functionality; in this way it's possible to create a site with an original layout or to harmonize it with a pre-existing Web site.
All content in a project site can be inserted and updated by means of an on line editor and can also be easily organized in a personalized and dynamic navigational diagram.
netscience is integrated with a search tool that allows easily searching site contents, in addition to an advanced search utility on all the different types of information.